|Mosaic As Contemporary art 2014 – 2019|
is the first Travelling Exhibition for contemporary art in Europe, contributing with 18 exhibitions in seven countries and presenting 40 artists.
The XIVth Conference for Contemporary Mosaic in May 2014 in Vienna was accompanied by an extensive exhibition with 60 artists from 25 nations participating. This exhibition was shown in Architekturzentrum in Vienna and met with unexpected intensive interest.
This brought about the decision to rearrange the exhibition as travelling exhibition and send the mosaics to other destinations in Europe. Until end 2019 oeuvres of between 40 – 55 artists from 20 – 25 nations were shown in 18 exhibitions in seven countries. Although high quality contemporary mosaic is being presented worldwide but has so far remained unknown in Vienna and several Austrian provinces and also in many other parts of Europe.
The present exhibition introduces artists creating their oeuvres themselves, i.e. the mosaic is not an interpretation of a design but an original work of art. The liberty of artistic expression permits going in for a two-dimensional product – a relief, a three-dimensional mosaic structure, a video or an installation. The most varied materials such as glass, stone, metal, wood, textile, slate, mussels, paper, plastic and many more are the extraordinary palett available for surface design.
Ideal Support offered by:
The European Commission, Representation Austria
UNESCO Club Vienna
International Association of Colour Consultants/ Designers
- Vienna, Architekturzentrum Wien, AUT (May 21 – May 26, 2014)
- Weigelsdorf, Glass Museum, AUT (June 26 – August 26, 2014)
- Bracciano / Rome, Chiostro degli Agostiniani, IT (11.10. – 08.11.2014)
- Nazzano / Rome, Museo del Flume, IT (12.11. – 06.12.2014)
- Terlizzi / Bari, MAT (Laboratorio Urbano), IT (12.12.2014 – 08.01.2015)
- Grottaglie / Taranto, Pinacoteca, Palazzo de Felice, IT (12.01. – 12.02.2015)
- Martina Franca / TA , Show Room, Servici Pubblici, IT (18.02. – 15.03.2015)
- Castello di Acaya, Lecce, IT (02.07. – 16.08.2015)
- Cisternino / Taranto, IT (08/20 – 09/13/2015)
- Larissa, Municipal Art Gallery / Kartigras Museum-Pinakoteka, GR (01/19 – 02/19/2016)
- Volos, Municipal Art Gallery / Kartigras Museum -Pinakoteka, GR (April 11 – May 6, 2016)
- Diachronic Museum, Larissa, GR (May 15 – July 15, 2016)
- “Melina Mercurio” Cultural Center, Municipal Gallery, Athens, GR (02.02. – 12.02.2017)
- Thessaloniki / Teloglion Fou ndation, GR (17.02. – 23.04.2017)
- National Bank of Serbia, Exhibition Space, Belgrade, SBR (12.10. – 27.10.2017)
- National Gallery, Skopje, NMAC (03.11. – 17.11.2017) 2017)
- Paray le Monial, FR (02.06. – 05.08.2018)
- European Cultural Center, Remagen, DE (20.01. – 10.03.2019)